Losing a loved one is difficult enough without the thought that his or her death could have been prevented had others acted in a safe and rational manner. The Aurora wrongful death attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to helping the families of those killed due to negligence seek the justice that they deserve and the compensation they need to be able to cover the cost of a memorial service and the value of their loved ones’ financial contributions to their family. We also help our client resolve the disagreements that some families have regarding how to proceed with a claim and to distribute benefits.
Accidents among Top Causes of Death in the United States
According to the National Safety Council, Americans under the age of 42 are more likely to die from an accident than any other cause of death. Of all age groups, accidents are still among the top five causes of death. When negligent behavior contributes to a deadly accident, it is reasonable to expect the negligent person or company to be held accountable. Some examples of accidents that may result from negligence include medical malpractice, car accidents, drowning, fires, prescription errors, choking and poisoning.
If there is enough evidence to show that your loved one’s death was the result of reckless behavior or the failure of a business or individual to take proper steps to prevent the accident, you may be able to recover compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. Depending on the details of your case, you may be able to pursue damages from individuals, employers, manufacturers or multiple parties at once.
Types of Aurora Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Even if you do not feel initially that you have a case, it is important to investigate the details of your loved one’s death just to be sure. Some examples of claims we have prosecuted successfully on behalf of our clients include the following.
- Fatal injuries caused by car or truck wrecks involving distracted or reckless drivers.
- Motorcycle fatalities and passenger deaths, including when the cyclist is responsible.
- Deaths due to pedestrian accidents involving irresponsible motorists.
- Poisoning due to contact with lead, heavy metals, corrosive chemicals or other hazardous substances.
- Fatal injuries resulting from nursing home abuse or neglect.
- Deaths due to animal attacks where the animal was not properly restrained or controlled.
- Workplace injuries where the worker dies from his or her wounds.
- Fires, explosions and electrical accidents.
- Medical negligence that results in life ending injuries.
- Product liability claims against companies that have manufactured defective products.
Regardless of what type of accident caused your loved one’s death, we suggest gaining the advice of a qualified lawyer before ruling out a wrongful death claim. Filing a lawsuit against those responsible for your loved one’s death can help you recover the compensation you require to replace his or her income, cover your out of pocket expenses and send a message to others that what happened will not be tolerated.
How to Decide Who Should File Your Aurora Wrongful Death Claim
There are social and economic factors that need to be considered whenever assessing the value of a wrongful death claim. In addition to the financial contribution that the deceased made to the family, we need to consider the cost of funeral services, the hardship the family will need to endure as they cope with their loss and the pain and suffering that the family and victim have both endured.
Typically, it is the spouse of the victim that will file the claim, but if the victim was not married, it may be difficult to decide whether a parent, child or sibling should be the one to bring the case to court. Family members may not always see eye to eye either regarding how benefits should be distributed and who should act on their loved one’s behalf.
Who Can Settle Familial Disputes Over Benefits?
The judge presiding over the wrongful death claim can resolve any disputes between family members that are unable to come to terms on their own with who will receive what share of the damages recovered. Our lawyers can help represent your interests in these proceedings so that you are guaranteed the maximum amount of compensation. We can also work with your family members to attempt to avoid letting it reach this point in the first place.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with a Qualified Aurora Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you have lost a loved one in an accident, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is ready to fight on your behalf so that you do not need to suffer in silence. We can help you recover the money you need to cover the cost of a funeral and the wages your loved one brought home along with the value of his or her pain and suffering and the angst that your family must endure because he or she is no longer with you.
Contact us today to be connected with an award winning Aurora wrongful death attorney so that we can gather all of the information we need to start working on your behalf. We will investigate your claim while letting you know precisely what you should expect and what legal options are available to you so that you can make informed choices on how to proceed. We also promise that we will never require upfront fees and will only accept payment after we have successfully secured compensation on your behalf.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Champaign Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Elgin Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Evanston Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Joliet Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Naperville Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Peoria Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Rockford Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Springfield Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Waukegan Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit FAQs