Healthcare providers must provide zero-harm medical care to patients. Yet, medical malpractice cases can occur at any hospital, medical center, doctor’s office, dental office, or outpatient clinic during a procedure, emergency room visit, or routine checkup.
Were you or someone you love harmed by a medical mistake? At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, our personal injury attorneys specialize in medical malpractice claims, serving as legal advocates for seriously injured victims.
Call our Aurora medical malpractice attorneys today at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone number) or use the contact form to schedule a free case review. We can assist with recovering financial compensation for your loss and damages, such as medical expenses.
All confidential or sensitive information you share with our legal team remains private through an attorney-client relationship.
Aurora Healthcare System Serving the Needs Of A Growing Community
Aurora  is the second-largest city in Illinois due to rapid growth over the last twenty years. Almost 200,000 people call the city home, with a diverse population of members from numerous races and economic classes.
The median household income in Aurora is just under $55,000, and its population is 68% white, 32% Latino, and 11% African American. With a large population comes the need to promptly provide emergency medical treatment and preventative care with limited resources.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is a legal term that refers to a healthcare provider’s negligent or intentional act against a patient. This type of personal injury lawsuit usually arises when medical diagnosis, treatment, or care has caused injury to the patient.
Medical malpractice is common and often results in severe injuries like paralysis, brain damage, broken bones, and organ failure, resulting from nursing home abuse, birth injuries, medical and surgical errors, and negligence by a healthcare provider.
Injured patients who have suffered a personal injury due to an error by a healthcare provider may be eligible for financial compensation under the law. Call our law firm or fill in a contact form to schedule a free case review with our medical misconduct lawyer for legal services in the Aurora area.
Signs Of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Injuries from medical malpractice can devastate seriously injured victims and their families. The injuries may be physical, but they can also be emotional distress and result in wrongful death. Let a medical misconduct lawyer serving Aurora handle your medical malpractice case while you recuperate.
Generally, victims of medical malpractice often feel like they were not listened to when they voiced concerns about their treatment or that doctors dismissed them because of what was going on in their lives.
If you have suffered a personal injury through misdiagnosis, slip and fall injury, negligent aftercare, or any other illnesses due to medical malpractice, speak to our medical malpractice lawyer for a free consultation. In addition, we can provide legal advice on filing your medical malpractice claim.
Types of Medical Errors
According to the National Institute of Health , the types of medical mistakes include:
- Failed to inform the patient of test results
- Failed to obtain informed consent
- Delayed diagnosis resulting in further injury, birth injuries, or wrongful death
- Misdiagnosis when symptoms don’t match up with the diagnosis
- Symptoms worsening after the diagnosis
- Doctors dismissing patients’ concerns or not taking their complaints seriously about pain, discomfort, and disfigurement
- Doctors who dismiss or ignore a patient’s past medical history or fail to review the records before performing any procedure
- Incorrect diagnosis due to a doctor’s failure to order proper tests or consult with a specialist
- Incorrect diagnoses due to doctor’s negligence in reading medical scans and images
- The patient feels unheard or dismissed by the medical staff
- Severe injuries that occurred during normal activities
- Severe infection during healing from a personal injury, operation, or surgical procedure
- Prescribing drugs with dangerous side effects without warning the patient about them beforehand
- Implanting defective medical implants devices such as artificial knees and joints
- Using defective equipment for medical care or treatments recalled by the FDA
Medical misconduct cases demand thorough investigation because the doctor will claim that they provided proper care, and the victim is only shifting blame.
If you want your case to be successful, hire an experienced medical malpractice lawyer specializing in medical malpractice cases. Contact our law office to book a free consultation for professional legal advice.
The Primary Causes of Aurora Medical Malpractice
Medical errors and negligence resulting in medical malpractice are not malicious or premeditated events in which doctors or nurses plan to injure their patients. However, doctors are often under extreme pressure when caring for patients to ensure they perform their duties properly.
Medical mistakes and negligence are far more common than physicians and other medical professionals want to admit; however, they are still responsible when a patient is injured during a procedure or from negligent care, such as:
- Birth injuries
- Surgical errors
- Nursing home abuse
- Medication errors
- Delayed diagnosis
- Defective medical products
- Wrong dose
- Any negligent actions by healthcare providers
Proving Medical Misconduct
Aurora medical malpractice lawyers must prove the following to win an Illinois medical malpractice lawsuit –
- The medical professional or facility where the care was provided took actions that directly resulted in your injuries. Poor decisions throughout your treatment or procedure or the lack of proper hospital safety protocol can be contributing factors.
- Your doctor, surgeon, or nurse violated their duty of care. Therefore, medical staff must follow the same actions that other professionals with similar credentials would have under similar circumstances.
- Your injuries require ongoing procedures or care, or your loved one passed away due to complications brought on by their injuries.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Law and medicine are closely interwoven in medical malpractice lawsuits, and good medical malpractice lawyers cannot address one without referring to the other.
Medical malpractice issues are challenging to resolve in court. Our attorneys are successful because:
- They have years of experience with resolving medical malpractice lawsuits
- They can visualize the strategies that are likely to be used
- They can pose the appropriate queries to the defendant
- They are experts in gathering concrete evidence to sustain a medical malpractice lawsuit in a court of law
- They have access to the best expert witnesses to testify and ideal professionals to collaborate on their claims
Our lawyers are the best medical malpractice lawyers and have previously recovered colossal compensation amounts for injured clients and clients whose loved ones sustained birth injuries or wrongful death.
What Rosenfeld Lawyers Can Do Extra for You
We walk the extra mile for our clients by doing the following –
- We proactively lobby for your medical malpractice case in court or through arbitration
- We provide you with a free consultation to ascertain if your medical malpractice litigation can prove the case in court to warrant compensation
- We gather solid evidence to sustain the case and recover compensation for you
- We ascertain the physical and financial losses you have suffered and petition for compensation
- We walk you through the medical malpractice case
- We identify who is responsible for your medical malpractice injuries
Indicators That Medical Malpractice Has Harmed You
According to the National Institute of Health, there may be indicators that you have been harmed by medical malpractice through mistake or error of medical providers. Some of these indicators include –
- The need for further treatment after being discharged from the hospital, clinic, or doctor’s office
- Scarring that was not present before you received care
- Physical or emotional symptoms that did not exist before you received care
- Unnecessary exposure to medication, procedures, or surgery
- Failure to refer you to a specialist or seek a second opinion
- Unexpected complications that arise during or after treatment
If you or a loved one has been hurt by medical misconduct and don’t know what to do next, call our law firm today to arrange a free legal consultation. A medical malpractice lawyer can be reached at (888) 424-5757.
How To Prevent Medical Malpractice
According to the National Institutes of Health , medical providers can take specific measures to ensure medical negligence or misconduct does not occur. These measures include –
- Being honest with patients
- Avoiding mistakes by keeping up to date on the latest medical information, following protocols, and utilizing checklists for essential treatments
- Holding oneself accountable for mistakes by reporting them to superiors and others on the medical team
- Educating patients about their conditions, healthcare options, and expected prognoses
Many hospitals, medical centers, surgeons, and other healthcare providers have developed effective policies and established procedures to minimize the chances of medical negligence. Unfortunately, not all medical professionals follow proper protocols and operating procedures, and patients may suffer.
Consequences of Medical Mistakes
Even a small mistake can be the difference between life and death for a patient. Unfortunately, when caregivers fail to provide follow-up care, administer incorrect dosages of medications, or make a host of other medical errors, patients suffer severe injuries and sometimes death.
A patient’s pain and suffering due to medical malpractice are often impossible to measure. However, patients will likely experience pain and physical limitations that affect their lives for years after a medical error. Some patients even become unable to work after an injury, which causes them to lose their livelihoods.
Speak to our medical malpractice lawyer in Aurora if you, your close relative, or your friend suffered from medical malpractice. Our lawyers have an enviable track record of winning medical malpractice cases and recovering hefty settlements for our injured clients.
What To Do If You Believe Your Doctor Caused Injury or Death
Do you suspect that your injuries or the death of a loved one resulted from the doctor’s negligence? If so, the following steps can ensure maximum compensation for your damages and justice.
Our medical malpractice lawyer can legally help you to hold the medical professional accountable. These steps include:
- Make a phone call to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced medical malpractice attorney
- Gather all your documentation related to the incident, including medical records and billing statements, as per the advice of our medical malpractice lawyer
- Make a list of all injuries, their causes, and how they have affected your life, as advised by a medical misconduct lawyer
- Meet with our experienced medical misconduct attorney to discuss your case and put together a plan for moving forward
A medical facility or doctor can be held legally responsible for a medical error that led to serious personal injury or death. Medical professionals are expected to provide their patients with the highest standard of care possible; if they do not, they are liable for injuries or deaths.
Each medical malpractice claim is different. An Aurora medical malpractice lawyer can review your medical malpractice claims and give legal advice on how to proceed.
Contact your local medical misconduct lawyer or personal injury law firm for legal counsel regarding whether your case can be considered medical malpractice.
When Lives Are Risked and Lost Due To Negligence, Victims Have The Right To Compensation
Were you or a loved one harmed by medical negligence? If so, you can talk with an experienced medical malpractice attorney to take the necessary steps toward financial recovery. In addition, in Illinois, injured patients can file a civil lawsuit against any medical professional or entity that caused them harm.
In cases of wrongful death, qualifying surviving family members can seek financial compensation that includes:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Hospital and medical bills
- Loss of future income amount a deceased person would have earned if they had lived
- Medical expenses paid on the individual’s behalf
- The pain and suffering a deceased person endured before dying
It is essential to consult a medical malpractice lawyer to take legal action immediately. In Illinois, the statute of limitations has a time restriction wherein all personal injury claims must be filed.
How Medical Malpractice Claims Are Resolved
Like law firms across the United States, our Aurora medical malpractice lawyers resolve approximately 95% of our cases through negotiated settlements. Only a tiny portion (less than 5%) is presented before a judge and jury.
Resolving the case through a negotiated settlement is often the wisest decision because –
- Presenting evidence at trial could produce an unexpected outcome in the jury’s verdict. Consult our medical misconduct lawyer early enough for a free case review to recover compensation.
- Additional costs are involved in hiring expert witnesses to present a case that might not generate more compensation than the settlement.
- Medical misconduct cases are highly complicated, even with the most successful national trial lawyers.
However, in some cases, jurors will award the plaintiff punitive damages to punish the defendants because of their egregious behavior. Punitive damages are not part of negotiated settlements, making presenting the evidence at trial crucial.
What You Can Expect from Your Aurora Medical Negligence Case
The process of filing your Aurora medical malpractice claim begins with discovery. It is an investigation by your lawyer to uncover the medical care facts of the case and determine whether it merits being pursued further.
You can learn more about protecting the rights of the injured party. Our medical misconduct lawyer serving Aurora will be happy to sit down with you free of charge to review your legal options and collect all of the information needed to take these first steps.
Let our lawyers review your medical records, including your medical bills, and the case’s merits to determine your legal issues in holding the medical providers legally and financially accountable.
Why Hire a Medical Misconduct Attorney?
Is your medical malpractice injury so severe that your ability to work is limited or impaired? If so, you may be entitled to fair compensation for lost wages and medical costs in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Have you lost a loved one through a medical error that significantly contributed to your family’s finances? Your local medical malpractice lawyer can help you recover maximum compensation for lost and future income.
Contact our medical misconduct lawyers, and let us assist you with dealing with the defendant’s lawyers and the insurance company.
Hiring An Aurora Medical Negligence Lawyer
The Aurora personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC have helped victims in many medical malpractice cases collect a financial recovery for their injuries and lost wages. Our lawyers can do the same for you.
Our law firm works solely on a contingency fee basis, guaranteeing we will never charge upfront for our services. We will only accept payment after winning your case at trial or negotiating an acceptable settlement on your behalf.
Contact our experienced medical malpractice lawyers today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation offering legal advice.
Learn why we are Illinois’s most trusted DuPage County medical injury attorneys.
Contact us for additional information concerning our experience and legal counsel, our national trial lawyers, lead counsel’s legal representation, the Illinois statute of limitation laws, attorney practices, legal services, and law firm profiles.