Chicago Assisted Living Facility Accident Lawyer
In many ways, assisted living centers are the gateway between independent living and full nursing care facilities. Although residents at assisted living centers have more independence and are generally in better health than nursing homes, they still depend on the caregivers at the facility for many of their needs.
It is this reliance that can put many elderly living in these facilities at risk of injury, neglect and even abuse by poorly managed assisted care centers. The Chicago assisted living facility (ALF) accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to holding facilities in Illinois responsible for the injury they cause to their residents.
Safe Environment Required for Illinois Assisted Living Residents
- Falls. Elderly people over 65 years of age are highly susceptible to injury from falls. According to the CDC, 1 out of 3 older adult falls each year, with over 19,000 having fatal injuries from falls in 2009. Assisted living centers must provide a safe environment that prevents falls that can result in broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, hip fractures or even death.
- Malnutrition. If residents are not given proper nutrition their health will be affected. Many elderly have specific dietary needs that must be met to ensure they are getting the nutrition they need to avoid permanent injuries.
- Supervision. Although assisted living is not full of nursing care, staff members have a responsibility to supervise their residents. When there is inadequate staff to monitor and supervise residents, physical abuse and catastrophic injuries may occur that could have been prevented.
Abusive Conditions Commonly Found in Assisted Living Facilities in IllinoisUnfortunately, abuse is all too common at assisted living centers. Although those who live in these facilities may be more mobile and have better cognitive function than those in a nursing home, they are still easy targets for abuse and neglect.
- Physical. Using physical force to hurt or discipline residents should never be tolerated.
- Emotional. Harassing, verbal abuse, bullying and emotionally abusing residents can be just as destructive as any other kind of abuse.
- Sexual. Assisted living centers have a responsibility to protect those under their care from sexual abuse both from workers and other residents.
- Financial. An increasingly common abuse of the elderly is financial abuse. These facilities need to protect those who depend on them from workers that steal and embezzle money and identities.
- Neglect. Those who live in assisted living still may have some independence but do require assistance. Neglecting their nutritional, medical or personal hygiene should never be tolerated.
Sample Legal Actions and Awards Against Assisted Living Facilities in Illinois$400,000 Settlement; Assisted Living Lawsuit; Chicago, Illinois (Cook County)
$175,000 Settlement; Assisted Living Neglect; Chicago, Illinois (Cook County)
$450,000 Settlement; Assisted Living Neglect; Chicago, Illinois (Cook County)
$317,500 Settlement; Assisted Living Fall Case; Stark County, Illinois
We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and only charge a fee if we win a financial award for your injury.
Assisted Living Facilities in Chicago
|Admiral at the Lake||933 W. Foster Ave||Chicago||Illinois||60640||7734331800||5104192||56|
|Artis Senior Living of Lakeview||3535 North Ashland Avenue||Chicago||Illinois||60657||7736979003||5106866||136|
|Autumn Green at Midway Village||6700 S. Keating||Chicago||Illinois||60629||7735822888||5103996||44|
|Autumn Green at Wright Campus||4239 N. Oak Park Ave.||Chicago||Illinois||60634||7732023388||5103988||45|
|Brookdale Lake Shore Drive||2960 N. Lake Shore||Chicago||Illinois||60657||7738802960||5102378||70|
|Brookdale Lake View||3121 N. Sheridan Rd||Chicago||Illinois||60657||7734049800||5101776||57|
|Colfax Manor Assisted Living||8200 S Colfax Ave.||Chicago||Illinois||60617||7732034098||5201162||4|
|Ever-Green Manor Memory Care||8641 South Saginaw||Chicago||Illinois||60617||7732034098||5201782||6|
|Hartwell Place||5520 N. Paulina St||Chicago||Illinois||60640||7732752400||5100653||29|
|3659 West 99th Street||Chicago||Illinois||60655||7732533600||5104507||43|
|Montgomery Place||5550 South Shore Drive||Chicago||Illinois||60637||7737534100||5103046||19|
|Norwood Crossing||6016-20 N. Nina Ave||Chicago||Illinois||60631||7736314856||5103137||55|
|Presence Resurrection Retirement Community||7262 W. Peterson Ave||Chicago||Illinois||60631||7737927930||5101685||37|
|Selfhelp Home, Inc||908 W Argyle||Chicago||Illinois||60640||7732710300||5102261||60|
|Smith Village||2320 W. 113th Place||Chicago||Illinois||60643||7734747314||5102006||82|
|St. Joseph Village of Chicago||4021 W. Belmont||Chicago||Illinois||60641||7733285500||5102030||40|
|Sunrise of Lincoln Park||2710 N. Clark St||Chicago||Illinois||60614||7732440005||5107252||60|
|Terraces at The Clare||55 East Pearson Street||Chicago||Illinois||60611||3125915690||5107203||39|
Some of the 480 licenses assisted living facility chains within Illinois include:
- Bickford Senior Living
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Cedarhurst Senior Living
- Courtyards Assisted Living
- Morningside Assisted Living
- Silverado Assisted Living
- Sunrise Senior Living
- The Villas Senior Care Communities
Resources for assisted living patients and their families: