Attorneys for Patients Mistreated at Assisi Health CC at Clare Oaks
Assisi Health CC at Clare Oaks is a 120 bed nursing home located in Cook County, Illinois at:
Assisi Health CC at Clare Oaks
829 Carillion Dr.
Bartlett, IL 60103
The sate nursing board lists the Assisi Health CC as a provider of independent living facilities and assisted living facilities for senior citizens with the following challenges and issues:
- Nervous System Dysfunctions
- Dysfunctional Circulatory Systems
- Dysfunctional Respiratory Systems
- Digestive System Dysfunctions
- Genitourinary System disorders
- Skin Disorders and
- Other medical conditions
The Concerning Findings Regarding Patent Care at the Assisi Health CC at Clare Oaks
A survey conducted by the State Department of Health and diverse private health inspection firms un-earthed some episodes of poor patient supervision and inadequate patient transportation which led to the patient falling. The survey conducted by ProPublica—a private inspection firm—was reviewed by our nursing home attorneys in Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC and episodes of poor supervision which could be construed as nursing home negligence were found:
- Failure to have a program that controls and keeps infection from spreading: “On 4/26/11 at 10:45am in room [ROOM NUMBER] Z2 (hospice nurse), was observed in the room which is identified as an isolation room, without a protective gown. Z2 was observed by survey team touching and assessing R20 during the observation. Z2 was in direct contact with R20’s right lower extremity. E1 (administrator), was present during the observation. On 4/26/11 at 10:48am in the hallway Exx said that I had on gloves that’s enough. According to the policy provided by the facility for contact isolation indicates that a protective gown should be worn for all interactions that may involve contact with the resident or potentially contaminated items in the residents room.”
- Failure to provide call light accessibility: “During the initial tour on 4-26-11 at 10:30 AM, 2nd floor, accompanied by E 4(Assistant Director Of Nursing), entered the room of R 7. R 7 was lying in bed. Noted that the call light device was on the floor. Entered the room of R 20 at 10:50 AM. R 20 was sitting up in the wheel chair. Noted that the call light device was on the floor. On 4-27-11 at 4:30 PM, during the daily status meeting, the facility was informed of the observations. Interview with E 2(Director of Nursing) on 4-27-11 at 4:45 PM indicated that the call light devices should be within reach of all residents.”
- Failure to follow physician’s orders: “According to R11’s clinical record dated 4/7/11 R11 was admitted to the facility, and R11 weight was assessed to be 241#. According to R11’s physician order [REDACTED]. According to the weight binder located on 2 birch south nursing station denotes no recorded weight for R11 on 4/10, 4/17, and 4/24. According to the weight binder R11 had a recorded weight of 230# on 4/27/11, assessed to be 4.979% weight loss in less than a month. On 4/28/11 during the morning status meeting at 10:30am both E1 (administrator), and E2 (director of nursing), both said that they were unaware that E5 cancelled weekly weight on Sunday 4/24/11. According to the facility’s weight loss interventions policy indicates when a resident is identified with a significant weight loss or insidious weight loss, the physician will be notified.”
Bartlett, IL Nursing Home Attorneys
Our Illinois nursing home lawyers have on-hand experience in bringing victims of nursing home abuse and their families the justice they deserve. We have handled cases involving nursing home negligence in Illinois for both the vulnerable and injured citizens of our community and our high success rate makes us the reliable attorneys you for instances involving:
- Bed Sores/Pressure Sores
- Repeated Patient Falls
- Inadequate Patient Transportation
- Poor Sanitary Conditions
- Carelessness and Oversight
- Inadequate Patient Supervision
- Fractures/Broken Bones
- Avoidable Death
Anxious about a Loved One? Take the right Step Today
If your loved one has been abused during his or her stay at the Assisi Health Care Center or in any other nursing home facility in Illinois, we advise you to please step forward by contacting any of our nursing home attorneys through this number (888) 424-5757 or through our online chat rooms.
At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC we understand your personal struggles and provide you with all the professional help you need to get the justice you deserve. We do not charge you any fees until you receive the compensation you fought for.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.