No one ever expects to be injured, but you must take swift and decisive action when it does happen. One of the most critical steps is contacting a personal injury lawyer.
A lawyer initiates personal injury cases and helps advise victims on what to do next and how to get the compensation they deserve.
Have you suffered harm through someone else’s negligence? The Normal-Bloomington, IL, attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC can advocate to ensure you are compensated for all damages.
Call a personal injury attorney from our law firm at (888) 424-5757 or use the contact form to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options. All confidential information you share with your lawyer remains private through an attorney-client relationship.
Using a Personal Injury Attorney to Obtain Maximum Compensation
A personal injury lawyer helps individuals who have sustained injuries in accidents to recover financial compensation. They evaluate the individual’s case, identify the parties who may be held responsible, and negotiate with the injured individual or their insurance company. In some cases, a personal injury lawyer may also litigate in court.
In addition to handling individual cases, personal injury attorneys advocate for changes in laws and regulations that could protect individuals from future harm. For instance, a personal injury lawyer may investigate a faulty product that caused harm to multiple individuals, hold the manufacturer accountable, and push for a product recall.
A personal injury attorney will often work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only receive a payment if they successfully obtain compensation for their client. This agreement allows individuals who have been injured and may not have the financial means to hire an attorney to still have access to legal representation.
What Type of Cases Does a Personal Injury Attorney Handle?
A Central Illinois personal injury lawyer primarily handles cases involving physical or psychological harm caused by the carelessness or wrongdoing of another person, company, or entity. Personal injury lawyers seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
The lawyers at our law firm represent clients in the following ways:
- Car accident cases: Any victim harmed by a negligent driver can seek financial recovery for all damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. A car accident might involve drunk driving, distracted driving, hit-and-run accidents, or uninsured drivers.
- Slip and fall accidents on someone else’s property involve property owners failing to maintain safe conditions for visitors, resulting in injuries ranging from broken bones to traumatic brain injury.
- Medical malpractice: When healthcare professionals make mistakes that harm patients, they can be held financially responsible for any damages.
- Defective products: Manufacturers must ensure their products are safe for consumers, and a personal injury lawyer can hold them accountable if they fail in this responsibility and someone is injured.
- Birth injury: In some cases, medical malpractice during childbirth can result in lifelong impairments for the baby, and the family may pursue legal action against the responsible parties.
- Nursing home abuse: Older adults residing in nursing homes have a right to be treated with dignity and respect, and when facilities or staff members fail in this duty, causing harm to residents, legal action can be taken.
- Dog bites: When a dog’s owner fails to adequately control their animal, and it causes harm to another person, the victim may seek compensation for their damages requiring medical treatment through a personal injury claim.
- Construction accidents: Construction sites often involve numerous hazards that could lead to serious injury if the employer or other parties do not follow proper safety measures.
- Bicycle accidents: Negligent motorists often cause collisions with bicyclists on the road, leading to serious harm that may warrant legal action against the driver at fault.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable on the road due to their lack of protection while riding, and when another motorist acts negligently, causing an accident, they may pursue compensation through a personal injury case.
Hire Personal Injury Attorneys Specializing in Car Accident Lawsuits and Other Cases
Were you harmed through someone else’s negligence in the Normal-Bloomington, IL area? Our injury lawyers can ensure you receive a maximum monetary recovery for all your damages.
Contact our super lawyers at (888) 424-5757 to schedule a free consultation. Our lawyers accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee agreement, meaning no upfront fees are necessary until we resolve your case.