Aperion Care offers various health services at 28 long-term care and post-hospital rehabilitation facilities throughout Illinois and Indiana, including 10 centers in the Chicago Metropolitan area. These services include skilled nursing, psychiatric care, long-term care and short-term rehabilitation. Upon admittance, every patient is assigned an attending physician to ensure their specific health, hygiene and nutritional needs are fulfilled by the highest level of care by a highly trained medical team.
Each Aperion Care facility formulates a personalized plan of care of effective treatments, protocols and procedures conducted by staff nurses, therapists and social service providers. The attending physician identifies and adjusts the courses of treatment based on the progress of the patient’s condition and evolving needs. Every facility works to involve family’s needs and concerns to ensure that the patient’s health are always addressed.
Therapeutic Services Offered by Aperion Care
For any recovering patient in need of focusing on full recovery, the therapists working at Aperion Care centers formulate a plan to maximize every therapeutic service provided at the facility. This helps maximize recovery from an illness, injury or surgery to allow the patient to regain their independence and return to a high quality of living. This includes:
- Physical Therapies – By utilizing quality physical therapy modalities, the therapist can assist the patient to fully recover their mobility, balance and strength while minimizing pain. Using proven methods and experience, the therapeutic treatments by the therapist can reduce the potential of recurrence after the patient leaves the facility.
- Occupational Therapies – Many surgeries, illnesses, trauma and injuries reduce fine motor skills. However, experienced Aperion therapists can help the patient achieve their goals to reestablish their independence by incorporating therapies an effective adaptive equipment to optimize daily activities to return to a dynamic lifestyle and work.
- Speech Therapy – Many illnesses and injuries cause difficulties in speaking, swallowing or communicating. Aperion Care therapist can provide a variety of therapeutic solutions to rebuild throat and vocal skills to improve the patient’s quality of life.
Aperion Care facilities are staffed with registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, licensed practical nurses and licensed vocational nurses. Each nurse and nursing assistant is given the responsibility to provide quality care, constant monitoring and assistance to ensure that the optimal care is given throughout the patient’s recovery or evolving condition.
Ratings, Allegation of Neglect and Abuse Involving Aperion Care
The CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) rates every healthcare facility as a way to assess and evaluate quality measures, staffing problems and health inspections. With the exception of Aperion Care International (Chicago), Aperion Care Oak Lawn (Oak Lawn), Aperion Care St. Elmo (St. Elmo) and Aperion Care Peru (Peru, IN), the remaining 24 facilities managed by Aperion fell far below average on the Medicare rating system.
The poor quality measures at two dozen facilities indicate that the health, hygiene and nutritional needs of residents at each center have not been met. In addition, the majority of these facilities rated low in health inspections, indicating the facility is not meeting basic standards of care provided in a clean and safe environment.
There has been a recent call in a change of legislation in Illinois to place surveillance cameras throughout the halls and rooms in nursing homes throughout the state. This is because family, friends and loved ones are often unaware of the negligence, abuse, or mistreatment of a loved one placed in a nursing facility.
One family of a patient who resided at Aperion Care Oak Lawn are in favor of the change of legislation after discovering a lack of care at the facility when the patient suffering from abnormal brain function (chronic encephalopathy) fell, broke her hip and femur, and fractured her pelvis. In an effort to determine exactly what happened, the family asked to review recorded video from the installed surveillance cameras throughout the facility. However, acquiring the video required filing a negligence suit to view the horrific incident.
Do You Suspect Abuse or Mistreatment of a Loved One at an Aperion Facility?
Obvious signs of negligence, abuse or mistreatment occurring in a nursing facility usually require any immediate legal response, where personal injury attorneys can use the law to save the victim. Filing a nursing home negligence claim or wrongful death lawsuit can help the family and victims obtain financial compensation for the injuries and abuse while holding the nursing facility legally accountable for their neglect.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC stands with you during the entire legal proceedings. Our team has successfully resolved hundreds of nursing home negligence lawsuits involving almost every conceivable scenario involving nursing home care. We invite you to schedule an appointment with our office to discuss your case involving Aperion Care Centers without any cost or obligation. Should you deem our firm a good fit, a legal fee will only be charged when there is a recovery for you.
For more information on specific Aperion Care Center facilities, please reference the pages below:
- Aperion Care Amboy
- Aperion Care Burbank Nursing Home
- Aperion Care Chicago Heights
- Aperion Care Colfax
- Aperion Care Decatur
- Aperion Care Dolton
- Aperion Care Elgin
- Aperion Care Forest Park
- Aperion Care International
- Aperion Care Jacksonville
- Aperion Care Oak Lawn
- Aperion Care of Evanston
- Aperion Care of Galesburg
- Aperion Care of Hidden Lake
- Aperion Care of Highwood
- Aperion Care of Litchfield
- Aperion Care of Saint Elmo
- Aperion Care Spring Valley
- Aperion Care Springfield
- Aperion Care Tolleston Park
- Aperion Care Wilmington