Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is a 228-bed hospital providing cares and services to residents and visitors of Cook County, Illinois the facility is located at:
225 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago IL 60611
The Chicago metropolitan area hospital provides pediatric care and services to the local community that include:
- Cardiology and cardiac surgery
- Kidney diseases
- Oncology and Hematology
- Neurology and pulmonary care
- Orthopedic surgery
- Neonatal intensive care
- Gastroenterology care
Illinois State Designations
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago maintains the following designations:
- Perinatal III
- Pediatric Trauma Center I
- Magnet recognition
- Pediatric Critical Care Center
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
All hospitals and medical centers in Illinois subject to federal and state regulations are routinely monitored using publically available statistical data to identify patient safety concerns. According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health and other agencies, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago reported the following medical errors that may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Medical/Surgical ICU (for 2016) with six reported infections over 4021 central-line days
- Central Line Associated Infections in the Level III Neonatal ICU (for 2016) with four reported infections over 6727 central-line days
- Central Line Associated Infections in the Pediatric Cardiothoracic ICU (for 2016) with 12 reported infections over 6249 Central-line days.
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of MRSA for 2016 with one infection reported over 78,096 patient days.
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI for 2016 with 36 reported infections over 63,005 patient days.
- Pediatric Heart Surgery Mortality (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 4 out of 195 patients
- Pediatric Postoperative Wound Dehiscence in Abdominopelvic Surgical Patients (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 1 out of 402 patients
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration, Pediatric (for 2015) 3 out of 10,786 patients
- Pediatric Iatrogenic Pneumothorax (healthcare-associated collapsed lung) in Non-Neonates (for 2015) 8 out of 10,244 patients with a rate adjusted rate of 0.63 per thousand patients. The Illinois Department of Public Health states that this statistic is significantly worse in the State average.
- Heart Surgery Mortality Rate – Pediatric (for 2015) 3 out of 238 patients
Chicago, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your child suffered serious harm or injury while he or she was a pediatric patient at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, their damages might have occurred by medical negligence. The Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC provide legal services to protect patients who have suffered injuries by mistakes and errors in any medical settings.
Contact our attorneys today to schedule a no-obligation, free case evaluation to discuss the legal options in a compensation claim. Our legal team accepts all personal injury case, wrongful death lawsuit, and medical malpractice claim through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones the payment of legal services until after we have successfully resolved your pediatric medical malpractice case through a jury trial or negotiated an out of court settlement. All information you share with our law office remains confidential.