Anderson Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Anderson Hospital is a 154-bed “not for profit” facility providing medical cares and services to residents of Maryville and Madison County, Illinois. The Medical Center is located at:
6800 State Route 162
Maryville, IL 62062
When comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the US, Anderson Hospital maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 55th percentile. The calculated ranking was determined through publicly available data that includes patient flow, patient satisfaction, and reported complications. Lower scores might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice/mistakes and errors occurring at the facility.
Analytics MD determine that the Madison County Hospital's areas of strength involve staff responsiveness to patients. Their areas in need of improvement involve the services provided at the Front-End Emergency Department. In fact, the incoming patient flow in the emergency department, a measurement of the efficiency of how fast the patient is seen and evaluated ranked in the 22nd percentile.
The facility’s discharged patient flow, measuring how the facility treats less sick patients ranked in the 44th percentile and the admitted patient flow, measuring how sicker patients are treated ranked in the 54th percentile. In fact, the measurement of frustrated patients leaving the emergency department ranked extremely low in the 35th percentile. However, the overall patient satisfaction of all patients in the facility (emergency and non-emergency services) ranked in the 74th percentile.
Illinois State Designations
Anderson Hospital maintains two specific state designations that include:
- Perinatal II – As a part of the state’s Regionalized Perinatal System, Anderson Hospital is a part of a program that is designed to improve the outcome of perinatal risk factors for childbearing women and their newborns. The program was formed to combine all necessary medical, nursing and ancillary service requirements to minimize potential complications of the pregnant woman’s labor and delivery. To do this, the facility makes available subspecialists. However, the hospital does not have a special care or neonatal intensive care nursery, but, does provide all cares and services by a specially trained neonatologist to handle all complicated newborn problems.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – Anderson Hospital is one of more than 100 Illinois hospitals receiving recognition through the Emergency Medical Services for Children Program and the Illinois Department of Public Health. The recognition is given because the facility provides essential resources to ensure that injured and seriously ill pediatric patients can receive the highest level of critical and emergency care. The facility offers the services 24 hours a day by specially trained professionals who have a comprehensive understanding of pediatric critical and emergency care.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health reviews safety data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and releases the information on patient safety concerns of every care facility in Illinois. In 2015, the Anderson Hospital’s patient safety concerns involve:
- Unexpected Death Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 0.56 per 1000 or 1 death out of 2098 patients was more than double the Illinois state average of 0.22 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Lung Embolism or Clotting (Deep Vein Thrombosis) Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 1.7 per 1000 or 2 out of 1208 patients was less than one-third the Illinois state average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 2.09 per 1000 or 8 incidents out of 5268 patients was approximately 1.5 times the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 0.28 per 1000 or 1 incident out of 5090 patients was identical to the Illinois state average.
- Postoperative Hematoma or Hemorrhage Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 8.59 per 1000 or 7 out of 1150 patients was nearly double the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 4.25 per 1000 or 3 out of 607 patients was nearly half the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
Sample Medical Malpractice Claims & Settlements Against Anderson Hospital
$1,000,000 Verdict; Illinois Birth Injury Lawsuit
The facts of this birth injury case occurred at Anderson Hospital. That facility is located in Maryville, Illinois. The child was delivered at just under forty weeks. They induced the mother because the child was too large. During the baby’s delivery, the doctor used traction. However, the child had shoulder dystocia. Then, the doctor used too much force to remove the baby. Consequently, the little girl suffered a spinal injury. They also discovered that she would have nerve damage as well as Erb’s palsy in the arm due to these events. They sued the doctor. Their complaint alleged that the doctor should have done a C-section. Also, they claimed that the doctor applied too much force on the child’s head during the birth. As damages, they offered the baby’s pain, disability, and medical bills from follow-up operations (over $100,000). The defendant doctor replied that the injuries occurred because of natural circumstances, and that there was nothing he could do. The jury disagreed. They awarded the plaintiff $1 million in compensation for disfigurement, disability, suffering, pain, and medical expenses (past and future).
Man Sues Doctors and Hospital over Alleged Medical Malpractice
A man recently filed this case after receiving treatment at a local hospital (Anderson). He had pain in his back so doctors performed a CT-scan. Apparently, that test did not show anything bad. However, over the ensuing couple of weeks, the pain started to get worse. He went back and had more tests done. Allegedly, staff missed multiple signs that he had an infection including high white blood cell numbers. Subsequently, he learned that abscesses in his back were the reason for his pain. He needed several operations and is disabled still after them. His claim targets the doctors and facility. It seeks compensation for their alleged negligence and medical malpractice for his injuries, expenses, and changed life.
New Lawsuit Filed Following Surgical Mishap
This cause of action centers on alleged surgical error. The plaintiff is a man in his late seventiess. He entered Anderson Hospital for treatment starting in the spring of 2018. Apparently, staff did not give him Coumadin prior to an operation. This caused him to develop coagulopathy. That is a blood condition that may lead to excessive bleeding. The man also alleges that the defendant doctors and facility did not properly watch him for brain changes after the operation. For these and related mistakes, the man is seeking compensation for his increased pain and expenses including medical bills. This case awaits a conclusion.
Maryville Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one has been harmed by medical malpractice while a patient at Anderson Hospital, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help. Our Maryville personal injury attorneys have represented clients with victim cases involving medical mistakes and errors. With our years of success, our attorneys can assist your family in successfully resolving your financial recompense case against all those who caused your loved one harm.
Our lawyers can work on your behalf by filing all the necessary paperwork and documentation to the appropriate county clerk. In Madison County, the courthouse is located at:
P155 N. Main St.
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Mark Von Nida
We urge you to contact our Madison County medical malpractice law office at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your no-obligation appointment today. Speak with one of our experienced lawyers to determine your legal options during a comprehensive, no-obligation case review at no charge to you.
No upfront payments are required because we accept every wrongful death lawsuit and medical mistake recompense claim on contingency. This means that our legal services are paid four only after we have won your medical malpractice case in front of a judge and jury or after we have negotiated an out of court settlement on your behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.