Alternative Mesothelioma Treatments
Mesothelioma is a debilitating disease that typically requires extensive chemotherapy, radiation, pharmaceuticals and surgery. In recent years, experimental treatments have offered few solutions to extend the patient’s life expectancy suffering from an asbestos related condition.
Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that is typically caused by long-term exposure to the fibers of asbestos, a natural occurring mineral used in a variety of commercial applications.
Most individuals suffering from asbestos-related diseases often experience long-term exposure when ingesting or inhaling asbestos fibers. Over time, the fibers scarred lung tissue, causing cancer and tumors.
Currently, doctors determine a course of treatment for patients based on a variety of factors including the health and age of the patient along with the disease, its location and stage. However, there are alternative mesothelioma treatments that have been proven effective at easing the condition for many patients suffering from the disease.
Alternative Treatments For People With Mesothelioma
While traditional Western medicine treatments are usually the first options recommended by physicians, there are alternative options for mesothelioma. Some of these include:
- Acupuncture – Typically considered a palliative therapy, acupuncture has been used worldwide for generations. The acupuncturist inserts very thin needles just below the skin to contact specific pressure points on the body as a way to alleviate pain and improve the condition.
- Aromatherapy – Breathing in aromatic oils is an effective therapy that is often used in combination with baths and massages. Considered a mostly palliative remedy, aromatherapy can heighten mood, relieve pain and promote optimal health.
- Chiropractic Care – Spine and bone manipulation by a competent chiropractor can open up energy pathways, minimize pain and improve the health and well-being of the patient.
- Nutritional and Herbal Supplements – Many medicines are made using concentrated natural herbs and substances to alter body function and optimize health. However, eating healthy and consuming specific herbal supplements can ward off infection, alleviate pain and improve health.
- Homeopathy – Cancer patients have long used homeopathy to battle various medical conditions including malignant mesothelioma. As a natural alternative to Western medicine options for treating aggressive cancer, homeopathy can help alleviate many adverse side effects acquired when taking conventional medicine to manage asbestos-related diseases.
- Hypnotherapy – Through a guided hypnosis session, the patient’s mood can be heightened, pain alleviated and side effects from prescription medication minimized. Hypnosis can be especially beneficial to patients undergoing a variety of traditional treatments to manage cancer.
- Lymph Drainage Therapy – Manually draining the lymph system is an effective technique that reduces swelling through gentle manipulation. This therapy is especially beneficial to patients undergoing radiation and surgery treatments to battle mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers.
- Massage – Physical manipulation of the patient’s muscle and soft tissue is an effective solution for alleviating pain, inducing relaxation and minimizing muscle tension.
- Meditation – Controlling the mind and body through meditation provides a therapeutic benefit that helps induce a calm mind. Meditation is especially helpful to mesothelioma cancer patients facing harsh health conditions.
- Naturopathy – As an alternative form of medicine, naturopathy focuses on healing the body using natural remedies in an effort to allow the body to heal itself. Based on a holistic approach, naturopathy treats illnesses including mesothelioma by focusing on lifestyle-based remedies, nutritional diets and supplements.
- Personal Training and Fitness – Remaining active and moving can provide tremendous assistance to patients being treated for asbestos-related cancers including mesothelioma.
- Yoga – By combining movement with meditation, yoga is an effective alternative treatment for asbestos-associated cancers. It promotes a heightened sense of contentment and relaxation while defining a correlation between mind and body.
Many alternative options for treating mesothelioma and other asbestos associated diseases work best when paired with traditional Western medical methods. Most of these alternative solutions are beneficial in controlling pain, producing relaxation and soothing the body and mind.
Legal Options to Consider After a Diagnosis of Mesothelioma
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC at (888) 424-5757 can provide peace of mind to patients suffering with mesothelioma. We offer various legal options to obtain financial compensation when victims have developed cancer and other respiratory issues caused by exposure to asbestos.
We offer an initial free consultation to discuss your claim to determine the value of your case. Because exposure to asbestos is almost always preventable, we fight aggressively to hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for their neglect and the harm caused you and your family.