AMITA Alexian Brothers Medical Center – Elk Grove is a 401-bed hospital providing cares and services to the residents and visitors of Cook County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
800 W Biesterfield Rd
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
The AMITA Health Care System-affiliated Medical Center in Elk Grove Village provides diverse services to the local community including:
- Heart and vascular care
- Cancer care
- Immediate care
- Women’s health
- Orthopedic care
- Behavioral medicine
- Weight-loss and bariatric surgery
Illinois State Designations
Currently, Alexian Brothers Medical Center maintains the following designations:
- Trauma Center II
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
- Perinatal II+
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
State and federal government agencies use publicly available information, statistics and data to monitor every Medical Center and Hospital in Illinois. Their efforts help to identify serious safety concerns that compromise patient health. According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health and other agencies, Alexian Brothers Medical Center reported the following medical errors that may be of concern to patients and their families.
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (7/1/10 to 6/30/11) 1 infections out of 118 procedures
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU (2016) with one reported infection over 4768 central-line days
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI (2016) with 52 reported highly contagious Clostridium difficile infections over 78,194 patient days
- Unexpected Death (2015) 1 of 3630 patients
- Risk-Adjusted Postoperative Lung Embolism or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT clotting) (2015) 37 out of 4746 patients
- Wound Complications in Abdominal Wall Surgery (2015) 1 out of 785 patients
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration (2015) 21 out of 14,495 patients
- Iatrogenic Pneumothorax (healthcare-associated collapsed lung in 2015) 3 out of 13,953 patients
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (2015) 9 out of 2149 patients
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma (2015) 22 out of 4340 patients
- Pneumonia Patients Admitted to the Hospital within 30 days (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 17.1% of all patients treated at the facility for pneumonia were readmitted to the facility 30 days after departure for retreatment. This statistical percentage is slightly higher than the national average (16.9%) and Illinois average (17.37%).
- Pneumonia 30 Day Mortality Rate (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 12.3% of all patients treated for pneumonia at the facility died within 30 days. This statistical rate is significantly lower than the national average (15.9%) and state average (15.98%).
- Heart Failure Patients Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 18.8% of all patients treated for heart failure were readmitted to the facility within 30 days after their discharge were readmitted. This statistical rate is slightly lower than the national average (21.6%) and Illinois average (21.78%).
- Heart Failure 30 Day Mortality Rate (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 9.6% of all patients treated for heart failure at the facility died within 30 days. This statistical rate is significantly lower than the national average (11.9%) and Illinois average (11.67%).
- Heart Attack Patient Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 13.1% of all patients treated at the hospital for heart attack were readmitted to the facility 30 days after their discharge for retreatment. The statistical percent is significantly higher than the national average (16.3%) and Illinois State average (16.4%).
- Hip Fracture-Associated Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate for 2015 – 2 of 175 patients died because of a hip fracture at the hospital. This statistical risk-adjusted rate of 21.21 per 1000 patients is slightly less than the Illinois average of 24.98 per 1000.
- Heart Attack Deaths Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate for 2015 – 11 of 232 patients died of heart attacks at the facility. This risk-adjusted rate of 38.35 per 1000 patients is slightly higher than the Illinois average of 37.24 per 1000.
- Stroke-Associated Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate for 2015 – 23 and 361 patients died of a stroke at the hospital. This risk-adjusted rate of 58.77 per 1000 patients is slightly lower than the Illinois average of 61.56 per 1000 patients.
Maternal Safety and Utilization
- Birth Trauma (2015) 6 out of 2023 patients
- Obstetric Trauma – Vaginal without Instrument (2015) 14 out of 1229 patients
Elk Grove Village, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or your loved one suffered serious harm or injury while a patient at AMITA Alexian Brothers Medical Center, your injuries may have been caused by medical negligence. The Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can fight on your behalf for financial recovery if you have suffered an injury caused by an error in any medical setting.
Contact our attorneys today to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation to discuss the merits of your compensation claim. Our legal team accepts every personal injury case, wrongful death lawsuit, and medical malpractice claim through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones the payment of legal services until after we have successfully resolved your case through a jury trial or negotiated an out of court settlement. All information you share with our law office remains confidential.