Attorneys for Injured & Neglected Patients at Alden Village Health Facility
Many residents of long-term care facilities require a higher level of ongoing supervision, medical attention, and treatment. Unfortunately, not all Centers adequately train the nursing staff to provide a level of care in accordance with nursing standards, which is often detrimental to the resident’s health. The elder abuse attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent injured, mistreated and abused patients who reside at Illinois long-term care under 22-year-old Centers like Alden Village Health Facility.
Alden Village Health Facility
This Health Center is a ‘for profit’ under 22-year-old facility providing services and cares to underage residents of Bloomingdale and DuPage County, Illinois. The long-term care 126-certified-bed Home is located at:
267 East Lake Street
Bloomingdale Il 60108
As a part of the Alden Health Care System, Alden Village Health Facility provides cares and services to promote the physical, social and emotional welfare of its residents. The Center also offers respite care, physical, speech and occupational therapies along with day training.
Bloomingdale Long Term Care Home Resident Safety Concerns
To ensure families are fully informed of the services and care that LTC homes offer in their community, the state of Illinois routinely updates their comprehensive list of opened investigations, safety concerns, filed complaints and health violations of Homes statewide. This data can be used to make an informed decision before placing a loved one in a private or government-run facility.
The DuPage County abuse and neglect attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have found various deficiencies, violations and safety concerns at this long-term care home including:
- Failure to Protect the Rights of the Client
In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 05/24/2016, a notation by a state investigator when performing an annual licensure and certification survey referred to the facility’s failure to “ensure the rights of one client who has a bed alarm.” The investigator also noted that the “facility failed to remove the Bed Alarm after that component of the Behavior Management Program was discontinued.”
As a part of the investigation, a resident’s 05/22/2016 clinical records were reviewed. The records reveal that the resident “has a behavioral management program that was last revised on 02/15/2016 [...and the resident’s] program identified five targets of maladaptive behaviors expressed by the resident that include:
- The resident may express maladaptive behaviors and “may yell, throw herself to the floor, and/or throw items on the ground when she is agitated.”
- The resident may be noncompliant and “may not follow staff directives.”
- The resident may express socially inappropriate behaviors and “at times make false accusations.”
- The resident may attempt to elope because the resident “has a history of eloping.”
- The resident may express self-injurious behaviors and “may hit herself in the face.”
As part of the nurse interventions, the staff was directed to provide close supervision indicating that the resident “will be under close supervision (one step or for residents including [this resident]) during waking hours due to her elopement behaviors. A consent was signed by the resident’s guardian on 03/19/2016 to have a bed alarm due to a history of elopement.”
However, the state investigator noted that the elopement component of the resident’s Plan of Care was discontinued from their behavior program on 04/12/2016. During an observation of the resident on the morning of 05/20/2016, “a bed alarm was observed to be attached to [the resident’s] bed.” One case manager at the facility “verified the bed alarm was on [the resident’s] bed.”
- Failure to Provide a Standard of Care and Nursing Services That Meets the Needs of the Resident
In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 02/23/2016, the state investigator noted the facility’s failure to “ensure there is ongoing assessments and documentation of the change in skin status of an individual… with right foot blisters.”
The deficient practice by the nursing staff involved a resident who is “non-ambulatory and requires a manual wheelchair for mobility”, is “unable to self-propel and requires staff assistance to move.”
The facility’s 02/08/2016 Incident Report documents a 2.5 centimeter by 2.5 centimeter open blister to the medial inner side of the right foot and a 7.0 centimeter by 4.0 centimeter intact blister next to the open blister.” The resident received physician’s orders including ointment to treat the blisters and covered with non-adherent pads.
The state investigator observed the resident’s blisters and noted a distinct color change to the resident’s skin, which was verified by the Director of Nurses. The Director also verified on 02/22/2016 “that there is no ongoing documentation of the color change to [the resident’s] blisters.
Bloomingdale Illinois Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
If you suspect your spouse, parent or grandparent has had any sign or symptom of abuse, mistreatment or neglect while residing at Alden Village Health Facility, it is crucial to contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC immediately. Our knowledgeable Bloomingdale attorneys can assist your family in successfully resolving your financial compensation claim against the nursing facility, Administrator, and/or nursing staff that caused your loved one harm while residing in the long-term care facility.
Schedule your complimentary, no-obligation initial case consultation today by calling our DuPage County elder abuse law offices at (888) 424-5757. There is no need to make an upfront payment because we accept all nursing home claims for compensation on contingency.
For more information on specific Alden facilities, please reference the pages below:
- Alden Debes Alma Nelson Rehab and Health Care Center
- Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Alden Estates of Barrington
- Alden Estates of Evanston
- Alden Estates of Naperville
- Alden Estates of Shorewood
- Alden Estates of Skokie
- Alden Lakeland Rehab and Healthcare Center
- Alden Lincoln Park Rehab & Healthcare Center
- Alden Long Grove Rehabilitation and Health
- Alden Meadow Park Health Care Center
- Alden North Shore Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden Northmoor Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden of Waterford
- Alden Orland Park Rehab & HCC
- Alden Park Strathmoor Rehabilitation & Health
- Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden Princeton Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden Terrace of McHenry Rehab and Health Care Center
- Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Alden Valley Ridge Rehabilitation and Health
- Alden Village North
- Alden Wentworth Rehab & Healthcare Center
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.