The nursing home is a health care center designed to cater to the needs of senior citizens from the Illinois community. It prides itself with its ability to provide full/part time assistance to approximately a 110 people at any given time.
Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and Health Care
1221 East Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Website : http://www.aldendesplaines.com/
The Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and health care center is registered with the state nursing board of Illinois as a provider of living assistance for the following health conditions:
- Other Medical Disorders
The Sordid findings on the Level of Patient Health Care received at Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and Health Care, IL
The periodic inspection and surveys carried on Illinois nursing homes by the Illinois Department of health and some private inspection organizations showed that patients admitted to this rehabilitation center received poor health assistance and were victims to neglect and in more severe cases, physical abuse. The Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC put its experienced nursing home attorneys on the case and a review of the findings of ProPublica—a private health surveyor—and found the following situations:
- Failure to maintain a medication error rate of less than 5%: “On 8/8/12 at 9:14am, E6 administered [MEDICATION NAME] [MEDICATION NAME] to R18. R18’s POS and MAR both document the following order: [MEDICATION NAME] [MEDICATION NAME] 7.5ml via enteral tube (feeding tube) 2 times daily.E6 poured the [MEDICATION NAME] into a measuring cup. The medication was below the 7.5ml marking on the cup. E6 did not measure the [MEDICATION NAME] at eye level. When asked to explain the procedure for measuring liquid, E6 stated “I sometimes measure it with a syringe.” Prior to administering the medication to R18, E6 was asked to verify the amount in the medicine cup. E6 withdrew the medication from the cup with a syringe. The [MEDICATION NAME] measured 6.5ml.”
- Failure to keep residents safe from serious medication errors: “On 7/19/11 at 3:54pm, E3 (LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse) obtained the blood glucose monitoring for R18. The result was 358. The physician order [REDACTED].”I’m giving him 13 units of insulin”. E3 then withdrew 14 units of insulin from the vial. E3 held the syringe up, looked at it, and then handed the syringe to the writer. E3 then entered the room of R18 to administer the insulin. Prior to administration, the writer asked E3 once again if the correct medication and correct dosage was being administered. E3 looked at the syringe a second time, and noted 14 units, then expelled 1 unit. E3 stated to the writer ” didn’t see the 14 units the 1st time.”
Experienced Nursing Home Attorneys in Des Plaines, IL
Years of providing legal counsel to the families of senior citizens of Illinois, provides the nursing home attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC with the experience and know-how to tackle any problems of negligence and abuse that may occur during a citizens stay in an Illinois rehabilitation center. Our health care lawyers are experienced in handling lawsuits that are in the following categories:
- Bed Sores / Pressure Pores
- Repeated Falls
- Dropped Patients
- Medication Errors
- Physical Abuse/Manhandling
- Inadequate Patient Supervision
- Wrongful Death
Are you concerned for a loved one? Call our Experienced Attorneys Today
Do you have any issues or problems with the Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and Health Care center or any nursing home in Illinois? Or are you in need of legal advice from an experienced nursing home attorney? If YES, do not hesitate to give us a call (888) 424-5757 today for a free consultation on your suspicions.
At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC, we advocate for the rights of your loved one to receive the professional assistance he or she deserves. Our commitment to your course is such that we do not charge our clients for any initial fees till your loved one receives the compensation he or she deserves.