Attorneys For Car Accidents At Chicago Airports
O’Hare is one of the busiest international airports in the world and Midway is one of the fastest growing airports, making driving into either airport a mess in Chicago. With over 1.1 million flights coming and going from the O’Hare and Midway airports in 2012 and over 85 million passengers at the terminals, vehicle traffic can be excruciating when you need to fly out or just pick someone up from these airports. In addition, stress and distraction levels can be high with so many vehicles coming and going, making airports a hotbed for car accidents.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers represents motorists and pedestrians in car accidents cases taking place at Chicago airports. If you, or your loved one, were injured in an auto accident at Chicago or Midway, contact our team for a free case review to discuss your legal options with an experienced attorney.
Chicago Airport Driving Conditions
No one wants to drive to the airport, especially in Chicago. There are 50,000 people alone who work at Midway and O’Hare, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of passengers that are getting on and off the planes, every day, making traffic horrible almost any time of day or night. However, it is not just the congestion that makes driving in Chicago airports so dangerous. Some additional hazards to driving in, through and out of the airports include:
- Confusion. Confusion and stress are common problems when entering any airport, especially an airport as large as O’Hare. Many people have no idea where they need to go, are worried about missing their flight and do not know where to park. These problems can make drivers a high risk for causing an accident.
- Distraction. Confusion leads to distraction, so, drivers are paying more attention to the signs of where to go then the cars in front of them. Talking on cell phones to passengers who are just de-boarding, even though there are designated cell phone parking lots, is another common distraction that can cause accidents while driving.
- Unique driving conditions. Airports are not typical driving areas. Vehicles can stop or park unexpectedly, even in lanes designated for thru traffic and vehicles are constantly pulling out into traffic when there are pedestrians walking everywhere. Even the most patient and safe driver can become flustered when driving in a Chicago airport.
Types Of Chicago Airport Vehicle Accidents
With so many cars, buses and taxis all converging on the airports in Chicago, there are bound to be accidents. Due to the congestion along with so much stop and go traffic, there are certain types of accidents that are typical in the airport such as:
- Rear-end accidents. While distracted or confused, drivers can hit the car in front of them when not paying attention to the roadway. With so many vehicles stopping suddenly or pulling out quickly, a momentary distraction can cause a driver to rear-end the vehicle up ahead.
- Parking lot accidents. There are over 25,000 parking spaces in O’Hare alone, making it one of the busiest parking lots and garages in the Chicago area. Getting in and out of the airport parking lots without getting hit or hitting another vehicle or pedestrian can be a challenge!
- Pedestrian accidents. Even with crosswalks and walkways, there are many people walking in roadways in the airport. People getting in and out of cars at the loading areas along with those trying to cross the street for one reason or another are in danger of being hit by distracted drivers.
Determining Liability In An Airport Car Accident
Chicago airport car accidents are anything but typical. There are many different traffic scenarios that happen within the confines of an airport, especially in the loading and unloading zones, that are not common in any other type of driving situation. With so much stress and distraction, there may be extenuating circumstances that need to be investigated that make these accidents more complex than crashes occurring at other Chicago locations.
Insurance companies may be more likely to fight a claim when the cause of an accident is unclear. Anyone injured in a car accident at one of these busy Chicago airports should consult an experienced car accident injury lawyer to ensure that they receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Get Legal Help For An Auto Accident At A Chicago Airport
Congested areas like Chicago’s Midway or O’Hare airport are ripe for auto accidents involving all types of cars and other transport vehicles used to shuttle passengers, crew, and material to and from the airport. Many of these entities are commercial enterprises that initiate the defense of these cases from the time after an incident occurs. If you are involved in a car or pedestrian accident at a Chicago airport, you must appreciate the conflicting interest of the insurance carrier and yourself from the start.
Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers for prompt, professional and responsive legal assistance with your situation. We always offer a no fee guarantee and will come to your home or hospital. If you are out of the area, we can arrange for a phone or video conference at your convenience.
Information about auto accidents at Chicago airports: