Attorneys for People Injured in Accidents With Air Compressors
The Chicago air compressor injury attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent the victims of compressor explosions and other air compressor related accidents as well as the families of those who have been killed as a result. Air compressors are ubiquitous in the construction industry and power many of the other devices that employees use to perform their duties. It is important that workers are aware of the dangers they face on the job and how to reduce the risk of an accident as well as for product manufacturers to ensure that their devices are free from defects that could jeopardize the safety of work crews.
Common Factors Linked to Air Compressor Explosions
Any explosion has the potential to cause devastating injury to numerous people involved in the event. Air compressors help transfer power to machinery that can be used to cut or crush materials, pour concrete and operate numerous different forms of machines. When the compressor is not operated or maintained properly, it can result in an explosion. Defective parts or design may also contribute to or be the cause of an explosion.
Here are some of the most common factors in the cause of an air compressor accident.
- Excessive rust. The presence of rust is most often due to corrosion, which plays a significant factor in the failure of machinery.
- Overheating. The overheating of a compressor can easily spark an explosion.
- Static electricity. The buildup of static can result in sparks or flames, which may ignite the fuel powering the compressor.
- Unfiltered air and excessive tank pressure. The buildup of pressure or failure to filter air can have catastrophic results.
- Puncture of the air line. An accidental rupture may cause air to burst at high pressure, harming those in the area.
- Poor maintenance practices. Improperly maintained equipment is more likely to fail or to injure the workers who operate it.
- Equipment defects. Many of the air compressor explosion accidents we’ve encountered could have been prevented had the compressors been designed better or built with higher grade materials.
- Lack of training and safety awareness. Workers need to be informed of the dangers they face when on the job and how to properly operate all of the equipment they will be handling. When an employee is injured due to inadequate training, the employer can be held liable.
Forms of Compensation Sought Following Air Compressor Accidents
The violent nature of air compressor explosions tends to result in very serious injuries or fatalities. Survivors may be injured so badly that they face a permanent reduction in the quality of their lives and with that can come physical and emotional hardships such as the need for extensive medical treatment, the inability to return to work, the tragic reminder of the accident due to scars, disfigurement or disability and ongoing pain and suffering. You can expect an attorney to seek the following forms of compensation on your behalf.
- The cost of your emergency medical expenses, such as hospital bills and ambulatory care.
- Ongoing medical costs due to surgical procedures, therapy and rehabilitation.
- Compensation for pain and suffering, including the loss of quality of life if you have been disabled.
- Compensation for emotional anguish.
- The value of your financial losses such as lost wages and the loss of opportunity.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one died due to an air compressor explosion, you may be able to recover compensation to cover the cost of his or her memorial service, financial contribution to the family and the loss of consortium you have endured.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is a leading advocate for those who have been injured in workplace accidents and our Chicago air compressor injury attorneys are prepared to fight on your behalf if you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation so that we can evaluate the details of your claim and review all of your options together. If we are unable to secure compensation on your behalf, our services won’t cost a thing.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.