Air Compressor Accident Attorneys
The personal injury attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent the victims of air compressor explosions and other compressor related accidents as well as wrongful death claims on behalf of families.
Air compressors are ubiquitous in the construction industry and power many of the other devices that employees use to perform their duties.
It is important that workers are aware of the dangers they face on the job and how to reduce the risk of an accident as well as for product manufacturers to ensure that their devices are free from defects that could jeopardize the safety of work crews.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is committed to assisting people who have been seriously injured or killed in accidents with air compressors. Our firm handles personal injury law cases across Illinois and throughout the United States
Our product liability attorneys work on a contingency fee basis where we only charge a legal fee when we are successful in obtaining a recovery for you. The accident attorneys of our law firm can offer you legal advice on am air compressor accident case and possible relief and workers’ compensation.
Factors Linked to Air Compressor Explosions & Worker Injuries
Any explosion has the potential to cause devastating injury to numerous people involved in the event. Air compressors help transfer power to machinery that can be used to cut or crush materials, pour concrete, and operate numerous different forms of machines.
When the compressor is not operated or maintained properly, it can result in an explosion. Defective parts or design may also contribute to or be the cause of an explosion.
Here are some of the most common factors in the cause of an air compressor accident.
- Excessive rust. The presence of rust is most often due to corrosion, which plays a significant factor in the failure of machinery.
- Overheating. The overheating of a compressor can easily spark an explosion.
- Static electricity. The buildup of static can result in sparks or flames, which may ignite the fuel powering the compressor.
- Unfiltered air and excessive tank pressure. The buildup of pressure or failure to filter air can have catastrophic results.
- Puncture of the airline. An accidental rupture may cause air to burst at high pressure, harming those in the area.
- Poor maintenance practices. Improperly maintained equipment is more likely to fail or to injure the workers who operate it.
- Equipment defects. Many of the air compressor explosion accidents we've encountered could have been prevented had the compressors been designed better or built with higher-grade materials.
- Lack of training and safety awareness. Workers need to be informed of the dangers they face when on the job and how to properly operate all of the equipment they will be handling. When an employee is injured due to inadequate training, the employer can be held liable.
Forms of Compensation Sought Following Illinois Air Compressor Accidents
The violent nature of air compressor explosions tends to result in very serious injuries or fatalities. Survivors may be injured so badly that they face a permanent reduction in the quality of their lives and with that can come physical and emotional hardships such as the need for extensive medical treatment, the inability to return to work, the tragic reminder of the accident due to scars, disfigurement or disability and ongoing pain and suffering.
- The cost of your emergency medical expenses, such as hospital bills, ambulatory care and other medical bills.
- Ongoing medical costs due to surgical procedures, therapy and rehabilitation.
- Compensation for pain and suffering, including the loss of quality of life if you have been disabled.
- Compensation for emotional anguish.
- The value of your financial losses such as lost wages and the loss of opportunity.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one died due to an air compressor explosion, you may be able to recover compensation to cover the cost of his or her memorial service, financial contribution to the family and the loss of consortium you have endured via a wrongful death lawsuit
Air Compressor Accident FAQs
What causes an Air Compressor to Explode?
Most air compressor explosions are caused by tank corrosion from water condensation within the can or tank but they can also be caused by other forces like manufacturing or design defects.
Is an Air Compressor Dangerous?
Air compressors can explode and that pressure and noise can cause severe harm including scarring, disfigurement, hearing loss, vision loss, organ damage, and more serious injuries and personal injuries.
Can an Air Compressor Kill You?
Air compressors can kill people in Illinois by fatally wounding their lungs, brain, arteries, or vital organs.
Is It Safe to run an Air Compressor Inside?
Most air compressors should be used outside in Chicago (especially ones powered by gas), but, in some circumstances (normally, when they are electrically powered), Chicago residents can use air compressors inside.
Can an Air Compressor Overheat?
Yes, air compressors can overheat and when they do they might explode and cause serious injuries. Air compressors may overheat when they are compressed too much (especially from low suction), when their component parts are not adequately fitted, and when the metering device is not working properly.
What Happens if Air Compressor is not Drained?
If you do not drain your air compressor of water that rises in the tank, then the air compressor could possibly malfunction, possibly explode, and causes serious injury or even death.
Our Air Compressor Injury Lawyers can Help You Recover the Maximum Compensation That You are Entitled to Under the law
The construction site accident lawyers of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have years of experience for those who have been injured in workplace accidents and our Chicago air compressor injury attorneys are prepared to fight on your behalf if you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our construction worker injury attorneys so that we can evaluate the details of your claim and review all of your options together. If we are unable to secure compensation on your behalf, our services will not cost a thing.