Advocate Condell Medical Center is a 273-bed, 600 physician acute-care facility providing medical services in Libertyville, Lake County, Illinois. The center is located at:
- 801 South Milwaukee Ave.
- Libertyville, Illinois 60048
- (847) 362-2900
The medical center offers compassionate, comprehensive medical care that includes adult and pediatric emergency services along with open-heart surgery, obstetrics, neurosurgery, radiology, oncology, and rehabilitation.
In a comparative analysis among other hospitals and medical centers in the United States, Advocate Condell Medical Center is rated with an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 61st percentile nationwide. These measurements are based on incoming patient flow, admitted patient flow, discharge basins, the number of patients frustrated while receiving medical care and any other potential complications or events that could be caused by medical malpractice.
Illinois State Designations for Advocate Condell
Advocate Condell Medical Center meets specific levels of providing medical care to the Libertyville community. Its current Illinois state designations include:
Perinatal II+ (with extended capabilities)
The hospital provides extended neonatal services to women of childbearing age and newborns. This includes intermediate care to pregnant women and neonatal intensive care for newborns with complex cases. The facility maintains a specialized care nursery managed by a specialty trained neonatologist.Trauma Center I
The medical center maintains a Level I Trauma Center and provides essential services at the facility 24 hours every day. This includes an easily-accessible on-site helicopter landing pad. The medical director/trauma surgeon has specialized trauma training. The trauma center provides various subspecialties of medical care including: radiology, anesthesiology services, emergency medicine, surgical care and intensive care.Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
Advocate Condell Medical Center is one of a hundred plus medical facilities in Illinois to have received recognition by the state’s Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) program and the Department of Public Health (IDPH) because it maintains essential capabilities and provides resources to meet the critical care and emergency requirements of seriously injured and ill children.
The medical center maintains the Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAVP) state designation because they provide pediatric patients a high level of emergency care around-the-clock.
Illinois hospitals participate in programs known to reduce the rate of infections acquired while the patient is staying in the hospital. The rate of infections acquired at Advocate Condell Medical Center that was reported by the facility to the Illinois Department of Public Health include:
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI) between 07/01/2013 and 06/30/2014 Include:
- Infection Developed After Total Knee Replacement Surgery – 1 infection incident out of 175 procedures.
- MRSA and CDI Incidence Rates per patient day between 01/01/2014 and 12/31/2014 Include:
- Facility Acquired MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) Onset Incident Rate – 1 infection incident per 81,794 patient days.
- Facility Acquired CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infections) Onset Incident Rate – 60 infection incidents per 74,763 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
Patient safety measure statistics are monitored by the Illinois Department of Public Health as a way to provide necessary data on any potential adverse event or complication occurring in the medical center or hospital. The current patient safety concerns of Advocate Condell Medical Center during the timeframe between 10/01/2013 and 09/30/2014 include:
- Blood Transfusion Reaction – 1 incident post-transfusion at the facility.
- Abdominal Wall Surgery Wound Complication – 1 incident out of 444 patients.
- Accidental Lacerations or Puncture Wounds – 13 incidents out of 11,873 patients.
- Medical Care Associated Collapsed Lung – 3 incidents out of 11,478 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 10 incidents out of 1295 patients.
- Postoperative Hematomas and Hemorrhages – 15 incidents out of 3441 patients at the facility.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered harm after being admitted to Advocate Condell Medical Center, your injuries might be the result of medical malpractice, errors or mistakes. Your rights need to be protected to ensure justice against every party who caused you harm. The experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help. Our law firm accepts all medical malpractice and wrongful death lawsuits on contingency, meaning no upfront fees or retainers are required for immediate legal representation. Call our law offices today so we can discuss the merits of your case for compensation.