Advocate Christ Hospital And Medical Center
Advocate Christ Hospital And Medical Center is a 690 bed hospital located in Cook County, Illinois at:4440 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn IL 60453 (708) 684-8000 http://www.advocatehealth.com/cmc/ Advocate Christ Hospital And Medical Center has the following designations:
- Perinatal III
- Trauma Center I
- Magnet recognition
- Pediatric Critical Care Center
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health other agencies, Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center reported the following medical errors which may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Pediatric Medical ICU (1/1/11 to 12/31/11) with 3 reported infections for 1816 central-line days
- Central Line Associated Infections in the Pediatric Cardiothoracic ICU (1/1/11 to 12/31/11 with 7 reported infections over 2384 central-line days
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (7/1/10 to 6/30/11) 3 infections out of 414 procedures
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with total Knee Replacement Surgery (7/1/10 to 6/30/11) 1 infection from 591 procedures
- Foreign Body Left During Procedure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 reported incidents
- Unexpected Deaths (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 3 out of 7,743 patients
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 51 out of 29,780 patients
- Iatrogenic Pneumothorax (health care-associated collapsed lung 16 out of 27,843 patients
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 58 out of 3,500 patients
- Pediatric heart surgery mortality (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 11 out of 247 patients
- Pediatric latrogenic Pneumothorax (health care-associated collapsed lung) in Non-Neonates (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 1 out of 4,806 patients
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration, Pediatric (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 9 out of 5,584 patients
Maternal Safety and Utilization
- Obstetric Trauma – Vaginal Without Instrument (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 34 out of 2,344 patients
If you or your child was harmed during an admission to Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center, it may have been related to medical negligence. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is committed to protecting the public from medical errors in all settings. Contact our attorneys today to discuss your case. All consultations are free and confidential.
**Note: The Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center logo was removed from this web page at the request of a representative from the facility. See email below:
Hello Mr. Rosenfeld: Review of your website advertising is distasteful to say the least. At Advocate Christ Medical Center, we take pride in the excellent care we provide to our patients and the resources that benefit the community. Our reputation is important to us and we have many accolades. Although I cannot change the content, I request that you immediately remove Advocate’s trademark from any of media advertising. The data presented is from publicly reported data but is misrepresented or erroneous, I’m certain you are aware of that.
Regards, Martha Winter
(of note, Iatrogenic is spelled with an “I” not a “L”)
Martha Winter, RNC, MJ, CPHRM
Director, Risk Management
Advocate Christ Medical Center
Advocate Children’s Hospital
Inspiring medicine. Changing lives. A Magnet Center since 2005.