Advocate BroMenn Medical Center is a ‘not for profit’ church-operated Hospital providing services to residents of Normal and McLean County, Illinois. The 221-certified-bed Facility is located at:
1304 Franklin Avenue
Normal, IL 61761
In addition to providing emergency medical care, Advocate BroMenn Medical Center offers other services that include:
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Adult day services
- Behavioral health
- Diabetes care
- Bariatric services
- Cancer care
- Vascular heart care
- Pediatric care
- Outpatient services
- Orthopedic medicine
- Woman services
- Therapy services
- Wound healing
- Hyperbaric medicine
- Intensive care unit
- Family health clinic
In a comparison analysis involving all medical centers and hospitals throughout the US Advocate BroMenn Medical Center maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 55th percentile. The calculated ranking uses publicly available information including patient flow, patient satisfaction, and reported complications. A low to median score might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice, mistakes, and errors occurring at the facility.
The level of service an Illinois hospital emergency department is crucial to the local community. Analytics MD gathers data on every emergency department statewide and releases the information in ranking percentiles to be used to compare all facilities in the United States. The current ranking percentile data on Advocate BroMenn Medical Center involves:
- Incoming Patient Flow (35th percentile) – This ranking measures the efficiency of how every patient is initially seen and evaluated after admitted to the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (27th percentile) – This ranking measures how efficiently patients who are less sick and not required to be admitted to the emergency room are treated.
- Admitted Patient Flow (37th percentile) – This ranking measures the efficiency of how every patient requiring admittance to the hospital from the emergency department is treated.
- Frustrated Patients (17th percentile) – This ranking measures how frustrated patients are when leaving the emergency department.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (77th percentile) – This ranking measures the overall patient experience in all departments in the hospital.
Advocate BroMenn Medical Center currently holds three state designations that include:
- Trauma Center Level II
- Perinatal II
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
Surgical Site and Infection Rates
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) evaluates and monitors infection rates at statewide hospitals and medical centers. This includes coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG) and total knee replacement surgery associated surgical site infections. In addition, the IDPH also monitors bloodstream infection rate involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infections (CDI). The infection rates for Advocate Bromenn Medical Center for 2015 involved:
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with Total Knee Replacement Surgery – 2 infection incidents out of 456 procedures.
- Surgical Site Infections Associated Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery – 1 infection incident out of 35 procedures.
- Hospital-Onset Incident Rate Involving Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) – 29 infection incidents out of 33,327 patient days.
The IDPH determined that these infection rates were “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors hospital and medical center information involving patient safety concerns collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The data collected for 2015 involving Advocate Bromenn Medical Center include:
- Foreign Body Left inside the Patient during a Procedure – 1 incident
- Postoperative Clotting (Deep Vein Thrombosis or Lung Embolism) – 4.5 per 1000 or 8 incidents out of 1902 patients, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state’s average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
- Abdominal Wall Surgery Wound Complication Rate – 4.02 per 1000 or one incident out of 220 patients, which is nearly 4 times the Illinois state’s average of 1.03 per 1000 patients.
- Accidental Laceration and Puncture Rate – 0.78 per 1000 or 3 incidents out of 6386 patients, which is approximately one half the Illinois state’s average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung Rate – 0.23 per 1000 or 1 incident out of 6361 patients, which is slightly less than the Illinois state’s average of 0.28 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hematoma or Hemorrhage Rate – 4.54 per 1000 or 5 incidents out of 1811 patients, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state’s average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – 4.41 per 1000 or 4 incidents out of 1254 patients, which is approximately one half of the Illinois state’s average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
The IDPH determined that these patient safety concerns rate were not “statistically significantly better or worse in the national average.
Normal Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one has suffered harm by medical malpractice while a patient at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC now. Allow our Normal attorneys to file documents in the appropriate court and successfully resolve your medical malpractice case. In McLean County, the courthouse is located at:
104 West Front Street
Bloomington, Illinois 61702-2400
Circuit Court Clerk Donald R. Everhart, Jr.
Schedule your free, no-obligation comprehensive financial claim review today by calling our McLean County medical malpractice law offices at (888) 424-5757. You’re not required to make any upfront payment because we accept all medical malpractice cases through contingency fee agreements. This means our fees are paid only after we have successfully resolved your case by negotiating an out of court settlement or through a jury trial award.