When you go to work each day, you deserve to work in an environment that is safe and free from hazards. The Chicago work injury lawyers of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers take the rights of workers seriously and have successfully recovered compensation on behalf of thousands of clients whose injuries were due to the careless actions of their employers or coworkers. If you have been injured on the job in Illinois our law firm can help you get the financial recovery you are entitled to under civil law and worker’s compensation benefits.
Begin the process today and complete our on-line intake form for a free review of your situation with a work accident lawyer who can advise you of your legal options-- without cost or obligation on your part. Our law firm represents injured workers with all types of personal injury, wrongful death and workers comp cases across the State of Illinois.
While it is true that mistakes do happen from time to time, many of the workplace accidents that occur each year could be prevented if employers were to take the needed steps to keep their workers safe. Illinois law requires employers to ensure that work areas are clean and free of hazards that may jeopardize the safety of employees. Some instances of negligence that may result in injuries include the following.
- Failure to provide workers with mandated safety equipment. When workers are working from great heights, they are required to wear harnesses and every worker on a construction site should be required to wear a hard hat to provide protection from falling objects. The failure of an employer to provide safety equipment can be construed as negligence and make the employer responsible when a worker is injured.
- The unsafe operation of heavy machinery results in the injury or death of an employee on the work site. Whenever large machines enter the equation, great care must be taken to ensure that whoever is operating the machinery is aware of the location of other workers in the area and that precautions are taken to prevent accidents.
- Objects are left in the path of workers or the job site is not kept free of clutter. Trip, slip and fall injuries are among the most common and lethal accidents that occur on the job. It is important that workplaces are kept clean and free of objects that can present a trip or fall hazard.
- Hazards are not marked or workers are not informed of dangers. Examples include the failure to properly mark utility lines prior to digging, failure to warn workers of slippery surfaces and failure to communicate the presence of live electrical circuits.
Whenever you are injured while performing your duties on the job, you are automatically entitled to recover worker’s compensation benefits. These benefits are provided regardless of who is to blame for your accident and include the cost of your medical treatment, lost wages and permanency. Sometimes, when an accident on the job is caused by a party who is not the employer, the injured worker may pursue a lawsuit to recover damages that exceed those offered under workers comp law.
Our Chicago wrokers compensation lawyers will often seek damages in a lawsuit against a third-party to cover the following.
- The value of lost wages or the loss of opportunity while you are sidelined from the job.
- Pain and suffering endured throughout your recovery.
- Change of lifestyle due to permanent life altering injuries.
- Wrongful death, in the case that you’ve lost a loved one due to a workplace injury.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is one of the leading workplace injury firms in Illinois because we place the current and future needs of clients first when taking on their cases. Our access to a network of medical professionals, economists and other specialists doesn’t just allow us to build a case on your behalf. It also allows us to connect you with the resources you will need to address your physical and emotional recovery.
Contact us now to arrange a free consultation with one of our Chicago work injury attorneys so that we can evaluate your case and help you on the path to your physical, emotional and financial recovery. If we are unable to help you secure the compensation that you deserve for your injuries, our services will be free of charge.
Resources for injured workers’ in Chicago, IL: