A truly special type of pain follows learning that you’ve been harmed by the person you’ve trusted to make you feel better. The Chicago medical malpractice attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers understand that pain and your need to find justice when you are the victim of someone else’s careless actions. Due to the number of medical negligence lawsuits decided in favor of defendant physicians (nearly 80% of Illinois medical malpractice cases result in a ‘not guilty’ verdict against a doctor at trial), it is important that you retain a law firm with a proven track record for successfully prosecuting medical malpractice cases. This will increase your chances of a successful recovery and maximize the value of your case so that you receive the compensation you need to pay for your treatment and expenses.
Do not delay taking action with a potential Illinois medical negligence claim. There are strict statute of limitations for filing a med mal lawsuit. Your failure to take action could forever bar your recovery. Complete this on-line intake form for a free case review and let our Chicago medical malpractice law firm get to work on your case.
One of the reasons many people never come forward after they’ve been injured is that they have doubts over whether they actually have a case. In order to succeed in winning a malpractice case, you need to be able to establish that the doctor, hospital, nurse or caregiver failed to act as any other professional with similar credentials would have. This may seem like a daunting task, especially when you have no idea how doctors are expected to respond to the circumstances presented in your case. Our Illinois medical malpractice lawyers look at the following as indicators of potential malpractice.
- Misdiagnosis or initial failure to diagnose a condition. An example of this is when a doctor fails to perform the needed tests to rule out a form of cancer and it progresses into later stages because of the failure to diagnose it earlier.
- Misinterpretation of test results. The failure to read x-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs and other tests can result in a missed diagnosis or false positive. In some cases, patients may be treated for conditions that they are not suffering from.
- Surgical errors. While there indeed may be some unforeseen issues encountered during a surgical procedure, the manner in which the surgeon, operating room staff and anesthesiologists respond is based upon relatively standardized protocols.
- Birth injuries. These injuries are often the result of inattention such as when a nurse doesn’t monitor the child’s vital signs for indications of distress or symptoms such as jaundice go unnoticed after birth.
- Medical device liability. When operative devices or implants fail to perform their intended purpose or are the cause of bodily injury, you may have the right to bring a case against the physician, facility or manufacturer.
- Medication and dosing errors. These injuries are usually the result of the failure of a physician to ensure that the medications being prescribed will not interact with the patient’s current medications or diet. Other errors include the administration of the wrong dose or medication by the attending nursing during a hospital stay or at a nursing facility.
If you have been injured and are unsure of whether you have a med mal case, we would like the opportunity to review your case. Knowing your legal options and rights can put your mind to ease by assuring you that whatever action you took was well informed.How Our Resources Can Help Your Chances of Winning Your Illinois Medical Negligence Case
In addition to having some of the most experienced Chicago malpractice attorneys you can find, our team has access to doctors, surgeons and other medical professionals from across the country who can determine whether negligence is to blame for your injuries.
I am incredibly pleased with the outcome of my family’s malpractice case involving a large medical facility. We were treated with compassion and respect throughout the process. Equally important, I feel like we got a superior result for our case with a mediator.
These same experts can provide compelling testimony should your case make it to trial and will greatly increase your chance of a successful recovery. We can also connect you with the medical resources that you will need to facilitate your physical recovery so that you begin receiving the medical care you deserve right away.
Our track record of success and attention to the needs of our clients has made Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers one of the most trusted firms in Illinois. Contact us today for more information about how we can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries and to arrange a risk free consultation with one of our highly qualified lawyers.
Unless our Chicago medical malpractice attorneys are able to secure damages on your behalf, our services will be free of charge. Please also bear in mind that Illinois has strict statute of limitations for pursuing a medical malpractice case. Your failure to take action with the prescribed time limits can forever bar your recovery.