Everyone knows someone who was involved in a car accident. For most, the experience may have resulted in an inconvenience due to a damaged fender or perhaps a sore neck. On the other hand, car accidents can result in some of the most debilitating injuries that cut across all demographics.
Unfortunately, car accidents result in permanent injuries to thousands of people every year and are the primary cause of death amongst young people. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2011 an average of 3.7 people died in a car accident every hour and another 253 with injured. Over the past decade, Chicago car accident lawyers at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers have represented people with some of the following types of injuries sustained in car accidents:
- Facial cuts
- Injuries to legs and arms that require amputation
- Back and neck injuries requiring surgery
- Traumatic brain injuries
Some of these injuries require months and even years of therapy and medical treatment, along with life adjustments both at the home and in the work place. Of the over 2.22 million people injured each year in car accidents, hundreds of thousands may have life altering injuries that they overcome.
Additional Chicago Car Accident InformationWhat to do after a car accident in Chicago, IL?
Most people are pretty shaken up, even after a minor fender bender. However, what you do right after the accident can make a big difference later when it comes time to pay for damages and medical bills. According to DMV.org, here are some tips to remember:
- Never admit fault. Even if you think you are to blame in an accident, do not admit that to anyone, not the other drivers, your passengers, the police or even your insurance agent. You only have one perspective of the accident and there may have been other factors involved.
- Get medical attention. Some injuries may not be apparent right away to you as you may be in shock or have adrenaline running through your system. Get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Keep notes and paperwork from any doctors or medical professionals you see.
- Take pictures. If you are able, take pictures or video of the accident. Almost everyone has a cell phone now and use that to record what happened.
- Call a Chicago, IL auto injury lawyer. If you have been injured, regardless of who was at fault, you may need representation to be fairly compensated for your injuries. Accident attorneys experienced with serious car accident cases can advise you of your rights– before you speak to an insurance carrier.
Collectively, the various injuries sustained in Chicago car accidents expose automobile insurance companies to potentially billions of dollars in claims every year. Knowing this, insurance companies have become excellent at persuading injured people to cooperate with them, as it may appear to be in their best interest. It simply is not. Many times, car insurance companies quickly process auto injury claims with a computer program which assigns a value to the case based upon a predetermined formula which has no consideration for the individual involved in the accident– and his or her specific circumstance.Conflicting interests between those injured and auto insurance carriers
From the moment you are involved in a car accident with another party, your interests are completely contradictory to those of the insurance carrier. It is simply not in the best interest of the insurance carriers to compensate you fairly for your injuries sustained in a car accident. Company slogans and smiley faces aside, insurance companies make money by taking in as much premiums as possible and limiting payments made for each claim. Simply expecting an insurance adjuster assigned to your case to ‘do the right’ thing is only setting oneself up for disappointment when a settlement offer is extended.
Car insurance companies may even go so far as to make false statements such as you will not get as much money for your case if you hire an attorney. When an insurance company makes such a claim, not only are they hoping you will resolve your case for less than what you deserve, but such statements are completely false. In fact, a study commissioned by a insurance industry group, determined people injured in car accidents who retained an attorney received more money for their case than a person who tried to go it alone– like 350% more money for their injury case! Read about this study here.Chicago car accident attorneys who are truly on your side
At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, we know how insurance companies operate and we zealously fight to preserve your rights — regardless of the corporations on the opposite side of the table. Particularly with car accidents, there are many options for finding legal representation. Our office continues to receive the bulk of our auto accident cases from word-of-mouth. Unlike other offices that may rely on media and late night television to get clients, we are pound to receive a steady flow of new clients from people we have helping in the past.There is a difference when it comes to selecting attorneys for your Chicago car accident case.
While we always adhere to the most ethical standards, we prepare every car accident case as if it is going to trial. Our meticulous case preparation enables us to secure the most favorable resolution for out clients– via settlement negotiations, arbitration or trial. Come see why other attorneys refer their clients to us serious car accident cases.
We encourage you to speak with our Chicago, IL car accident lawyers for a free consultation following a car accident to advise you of your legal rights and potential claims. Knowing that motor vehicle accidents happen when we least expect, we are available 24/7 and can schedule appointments with you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation facility.
Resources related to car accidents in Chicago:
Illinois Car Accident Settlements recently achieved by Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers: Below are some examples of recent car accident cases that our office has resolved.
$250,000: Policy limit settlement for a woman who had several herniated discs in her neck following a crash on the highway.
$82,000: Tendered to a front seat passenger who had facial scarring following a head-on collision after glass from the windshield become embedded in his face.
$444,440: Mediation settlement for a woman who developed nerve impairment in her leg when a driver made a left-turn in front of her approaching vehicle.
$89,000: Settlement to a pedestrian who suffered a fractured skull when he was struck by a turning vehicle. The man’s only medical care was at the emergency room.
- Aggressive Driving
- Backing Accidents
- Car Accident Insurance Claims
- Car Tire Blowout
- Cell Phone Accidents
- Distracted Driving
- Driver Fatigue May Be the Cause of Automobile Collisions
- Driving Too Fast
- Drunk Driving
- Fatal Chicago Car Accidents
- Head-on Accident
- Hit and Run Accident
- Hydroplaning Accident
- Intersection Collisions
- Mechanical Problems Contributing to Car Accidents
- Minor Drivers Causing Auto Accidents
- Occupant Ejection
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear End Crashes
- Seatbelt Injuries Car Accidents
- Side Impact Crashes
- Vehicle Rollover Accidents
- Winter Car Accidents
- Senior Drivers
- Shoulder Road
- Single Vehicle Crash
- Blind Spots
- Highway Accidents
- Injuries Sustained in Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Fetal Death in Accident
- Passenger Injuries
- Un-insuredunder / Insured Motorist Cases
- Airport Car Accident
- Pin Accidents
- Failure Yield Car Accident
- Broken Glass / Windshield Injury
- Safe Car Reviews
- Reckless Driving
- Burn in a Car Accident
- Pothole Car Accidents
- Road Departure
- Claims Against Relatives & Friends
- Work-Related Car Accidents
- Illinois DMV Locations
- What To Do After A Car Accident?
- Rental Car Accidents
- Collision with an Animal
- Motor Vehicle Accident Litigation In Illinois
- Dangerous Cars
- Towing Accidents
- State Farm Claims
- Wrongful Death DUI Accidents
- Road Rage
- Wrong Way Accidents
- Uber Ride Share Accidents
- Car Accident Statistics
- Chicago Car Accident Lawyer
- Postal Vehicle Accident
- Car Insurance Injury Claims
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.